LANSING, Mich. — State Sen. Kim LaSata announced on Wednesday that she will again host Kim’s Coat Drive for Kids, which seeks to provide coats to Southwest Michigan children in need.
“Southwest Michigan is known for its cold winters and harsh weather coming off of the lake,” said LaSata, R-Coloma. “I originally started this coat drive to help get coats to as many kids as possible but the generosity of folks across the district is what has really made this effort a success.”
Kim’s Coat Drive, which has collected and distributed hundreds of new or gently used coats and jackets to kids across the 21st District, will be kicking off its third year on Friday, Oct. 1.
In an effort to get as many coats to as many kids as possible, LaSata’s office has partnered with local businesses to offer drop-off sites. Those looking to donate can also contact the senator’s office to schedule a pickup. Donations will be accepted from Oct. 1 through Oct. 31.
Drop-off locations are as follows:
- Harding’s Friendly Market: Berrien Springs – 106 E. Mars St.
- Harding’s Friendly Market: Bridgman – 3651 W. Shawnee Road
- Harding’s Friendly Market: Buchanan – 4710 Niles Buchanan Road
- Harding’s Friendly Market: Cassopolis – 445 E. State St.
- Harding’s Friendly Market: Coloma – 6577 Paw Paw Ave.
- Harding’s Friendly Market: Dowagiac – 102 Park Place
- Harding’s Friendly Market: Niles – 407 Broadway
- Harding’s Friendly Market: Three Oaks – 6832 U.S. 12
- Harding’s Friendly Market: Three Rivers – 808 W. Michigan Ave.
- Roger’s Foodland: St. Joseph – 4039 Hollywood Road
“The past couple of years have been an incredible success,” LaSata said. “I’d like to thank everyone who has donated and helped keep kids warm during the harsh winter months.
“I encourage everyone who is able to consider donating your gently used coats and jackets and, if you feel compelled and have the means, please also consider donating new or never worn coats.”
For more information or to schedule a donated coat pickup, call 517-373-6960 or email [email protected].