This school spirit tournament is designed to foster creativity by giving students and alumni an avenue to showcase their school spirit and tell everyone what makes their school great.
The contest is a single-elimination bracket contest, inspired by the NCAA Tournament. Every school has been placed into one of four brackets and match-ups were chosen at random. Each game will begin at 12:00pm on Monday afternoon and conclude at 12:00pm on Friday afternoon. The school that scores the most points during that time will advance to the next round.
HOW DO I SCORE POINTS FOR MY SCHOOL?
There are several different ways that you can help your school to score points on this website and Facebook. Here is how it works:
- Start off by “liking” my Facebook page, Senator Kim LaSata
- Upload a photo to the comments section of your school’s Facebook album (5 points)
- Like your school’s weekly photo album (1 point)
- Share any of my spirit tournament posts with a caption including your school’s name and school’s hashtag #SWMISpirit(insert school name)* I.E. #SWMISpiritColoma (10 points)
- Leave a school spirited comment on your schools weekly Facebook album (1 point)
- Vote for your school in a poll (1 point)
RULES AND TERMS:
- Photos and videos must be unique. One photo will only score your school points one time. Identical photos that are submitted multiple times will be disqualified.
- All photos and videos must contain family-friendly content. If the photos or videos do not, they will be disqualified from the contest.
- All photos and videos that are submitted for the contest, are submitted with the understanding that they may be publicly reused by my office.
- First Round: March 18 – March 22
- Sweet Sixteen: March 25 – March 29
- Elite Eight: April 1 – April 5
- Final Four:April 8 – April 12
- Championship Game: April 15 – April 19
So with, everything explained, let the 2019 Senator Kim LaSata Southwest Michigan Spirit Contest begin! Good luck and if you have any questions regarding the contest, please feel free to contact my office at 517-373-6960 or by e-mail at SenKLaSata@senate.michigan.gov.